[Incubator] pycsw Incubation Status Report

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 05:31:14 PDT 2014

Sure! I would start with filling in a copy of the checklist.

If possible round up the steering committee (or committers) for an IRC chat
/ Skype call / Google Doc and collaboratively fill in the checklist:

http://www.osgeo.org/incubator/process/project_graduation_checklist.html

This is a good chance to:
a) have a discussion about what these incubation things mean
b) take stock of the project and see how much work incubation is going to
be for the project
c) figure out if the dev team has time to work on incubation :)

Some projects can breeze through sections on user docs, but get stuck on
how to make a release.

As eluded to by Cameron's recent email the status report asks about project
background and infrastructure questions. The checklist covers more of the
work of incubation.

One thing you can do as mentor is to ask the team to relax and write down
what they do now so others can take part. As long as you are happy as
mentor that should be enough for graduation:

To exaggerate for an example: If decisions are made on at pub on wednesdays
- as long as the address is published and anyone can join the party it
counts as form of open development :)

But yeah go over the checklist with the team and take some notes - it will
be fine.