[Incubator] care and feeding of incubation list

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Fri May 16 13:25:57 PDT 2014

So I have been kind of winging it in adapting our IRC meeting practices to
the email list. Would it help if I make a wiki page writing down how it
works?

1) Motion followed by +1/-1 voting
2) First vote is cindered seconding the motion
3) If the motion just gets lost into discussion then there is no second for
the motion (so it is considered withdrawn)
4) Quorum:  On IRC this was easy, in the email list we I have been trying
to get half our participants to vote
5) Two weeks: Long enough to account for busy/vacations, short enough that
the committee accomplishes something

Aside: I notice the board carries there IRC meetings over to the email list
for any members that could not attend the meeting, but I expect they have
more policies about needing every board member to vote, this is handy as
they know when to "stop".