[Incubator] Incubating OSGeo-Live as an OSGeo project

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 13:55:52 PDT 2014

At our OSGeo-Live weekly meeting today, it was proposed that we should
take OSGeo-Live through the OSGeo Incubation process, effectively making
OSGeo-Live an official OSGeo project.

As it currently stands, we believe OSGeo-Live is in pretty good shape,
and incubating should be reasonably straight forward (although
incubating traditionally takes quite a bit longer than people expect).

So to the OSGeo community:
Are there any comments for or against incubating OSGeo-Live?
Do we have volunteers willing to help out with the incubation process.
Typically, the most time consuming part of incubation is auditing the
license of code to ensure it complies with stated Open Source licenses.

For the OSGeo Incubation committee,
Is there someone willing to step forward and mentor us through
incubation. I would volunteer myself, but I'm planning to be involved in
incubating OSGeo-Live myself.

--
Cameron Shorter,
Software and Data Solutions Manager