[Incubator] [Board] osgeo labs

Landon Blake sunburned.surveyor at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 08:51:27 PDT 2014

Jachym wrote: "I personally think, "incubation labs" are one of the key
parts of
OSGeo, which could attract more project to OSGeo."

Agreed.

Jachym wrote: "I do have feeling (please, do not take it personally, and
correct me if I'm wrong), that our "incubation labs" are sleeping a bit - I
would like to wake them up."

Agreed. Could use a little waking up. :]

Even wrote: "Instead of words, why not having figures to measure the level
of progress."

I like it...but I'd want to get comments from other members of the
incubation committee.

Jachym wrote: "I volunteer to warm up things. I hope, someone else will
pick the
topic (at least later) and continue during years :)"

I'd still like to help. In my mind we need to do the following for a reboot
of incucbation labs:

1) Choose a new name/identification scheme.
2) Scrub the wiki pages.
3) Contact previous projects listed in labs to see if they are still
interested in participating.
4) Create a list of goals for the typical project that joins process.
5) Work to help projects on list reach goals.

Landon