[Incubator] Recommend pycsw Graduation

Johan Van de Wauw johan.vandewauw at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 23:53:02 PST 2015

On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 1:58 AM, Angelos Tzotsos <gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Cameron,
>
> I have added the following text to the Graduation Checklist
> (https://github.com/geopython/pycsw/wiki/Project-Graduation-Checklist) under
> the Copyright and License section:
>
> * One outstanding issue with OGC schemas: The OGC schemas are included in
> pycsw to validate incoming XML requests. The OGC schemas are licensed under
> the terms of the OGC Document Notice or under the terms of OGC Software
> Notice according to the legalfaq

Hi all,

I think we should allow all OSGeo projects to include the OGC schemas (and
W3C schema's) for now, while trying to figure out a solution that
works for Debian.
I don't like to have software downloading these files if they are
always needed. In that case I believe it is better to include them.

Kind Regards,
Johan