[Incubator] Helping out with code/license reviews

Johan Van de Wauw johan.vandewauw at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 07:41:34 PST 2015

Manuel,

On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 3:51 PM, Manuel Grizonnet
<manuel.grizonnet at cnes.fr> wrote:

> - We're moving the code architecture to a more modularized OTB. Most of
> third parties will be handle as modules and will be used as external
> dependencies and we'll minimize the number of internal libraries (no
> more internal versions of openjpeg, libsvm, ossim, itk)
> - In parallel to the modularization we'll clean up the list of external
> dependencies not used anymore (edison, libkml...)

That sounds great!
I'd recommend checking the license of the core carefully. eg these
 Utilities/ITK/Modules/ThirdParty/VNL/src/vxl/v3p/netlib/opt/lbfgsb.*
have a license which is not osi/dfsg compatible.

License:lbfgsb
    http://users.eecs.northwestern.edu/~nocedal/lbfgsb.html
    .
    This software is released under the BSD License
    .
    Condition for Use: This software is freely available, but we expect that
    all publications describing  work using this software , or all
    commercial products using it, quote at least one of the references given
    below.
    .