[Incubator] [OSGeo-Discuss] New incubation procedure

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 15:42:44 PDT 2015

Jachym,
Re "3: what next after incubation": This is a hard one to maintain.
Effort is required to continually review a project's status to see if it
is still worthy of being an OSGeo project. To a certain extent, we have
a bit of that in the OSGeo-Live project, in that we require each project
to ensure their project continues to run on the latest OSGeo-Live
release. If not, it is moved to the " Available from prior OSGeo-Live
releases" on our contents page.

Also a partial answer to the "star" system is to reference OpenHub
metrics for projects, which show project activity.
See: http://live.osgeo.org/en/metrics.html
Note, these are not perfect, as not all projects are represented
correctly on OpenHub.

Cameron Shorter,
Software and Data Solutions Manager
LISAsoft