[Incubator] gvSIG project graduation (Update)

Alvaro Anguix aanguix at gvsig.com
Tue Oct 20 13:05:55 PDT 2015

Hi Cameron, all,

El 20/10/15 a las 21:07, Cameron Shorter escribió:
> Hi Alvaro,
> I agree that it would be great to announce gvSIG's graduation from
> OSGeo incubation at the gvSIG conference (on 4 Dec?), and I think it
> is also achievable, but require a quick turn around. I'd like to help
> you with that from the OSGeo Incubation Committee side of things.
>
> With regards to the question of quality of documentation of decision
> making processes, I do think this is important from an incubation
> perspective, and is related to having "institutionalized processes".
>
> Refer to:
> http://www.osgeo.org/incubator/process/project_graduation_checklist.html
>
> A project should have institutionalized the processes in this list or
> provide justification why the process is not used.
>
> Institutionalized Process
>     A documented process which which addresses a need and is actively
>     in use. It typically takes months before a process becomes
>     institutionalized.
>     /A more detailed definition of institutionalization is found in
>     the Capability Maturity Model (CMMI)
>     <http://www.sei.cmu.edu/library/abstracts/reports/02tr012.cfm>/
> Open Source License

I agree, but I think the point is made/ok.

In your comments of the last email, you gave advice about writing style
or the order of documentation publication (referring to language).
Honestly, I think they are advices and recommendations, but not a
requirement for graduation.

Is it necessary to comply with those recommendations? I would like the
committee clearly answers this question.

Are we not getting into a level of detail that also is subjective?

Best  Regards,
Alvaro