[Incubator] gvSIG project graduation (Update)

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at lisasoft.com
Tue Oct 20 13:48:26 PDT 2015

Hi Alvaro

You are right, I'm just one voice on the OSGeo Incubation committee. It
would be good to hear the opinion of others as well.

You are right, writing style is not a graduation criteria, and I'd vote to
pass a project with sub-optimal writing style if the rest of the processes
are in order.

"Institutionalized Processes which are documented and FOLLOWED" is a
requirement. My concern is that the management processes as documented are
probably not being followed, as they would be difficult to be found by the
development team, and probably not trusted as they don't look to be of the
quality of the rest of the gvsig project.

Hence my recommendation to incorporate decision making documentation into
the rest of gvsig documentation.

If time to complete is an issue, there are some work around options which I
think would be acceptable.
Such as putting a placeholder in your master documentation which references
the wiki page where the core content is. (With an intent to move the rest
of the docs later).

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on whether you think my
documentation comments are worth implementing, and if so, see a plan as to
how they would be implemented. Ideally also mention a timeframe which would
show how it can be done in time for completing incubation before the next
gvsig conference.

Warm regards, Cameron