[Incubator] header maintenance discussion

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 19:20:32 PDT 2016

I know that updating headers (or actually checking file history) is a
difficult step for those going through incubation.

I would like to pass on an interesting discussion from the geotools-devel
list - we consider updating our header policy (since we cannot depend on
incoming pull requests to be good about following it).

https://github.com/geotools/geotools/wiki/Updates-to-Copyright-Header-Policy

While I am personally uncomfortable with changing (since headers have
really helped untangled some troubles in the past) I wonder what other
projects in incubation think?