[Incubator] MOTION: GeoNode Graduation from OSGeo Incubation

David William Bitner bitner at dbspatial.com
Tue Aug 30 09:07:27 PDT 2016

Just to bump this a bit as many were traveling when the motion went out.

The GeoNode team is actively addressing the concerns that Jody brought up,
all of which are valuable items, but I do not believe any are showstoppers.
If there are any additional concerns, please bring them up here.

Here is the current status on votes:

   - Bruce Bannerman
   - Bob (CI-StPaul) Basques +1
   - Landon Blake +1
   - Howard Butler
   - Arnulf Christl +1
   - Jody Garnett (chair)
   - Dimitris Kotzinos
   - Tom Kralidis +1
   - Julien-Samuel Lacroix +1
   - Mark Lucas
   - Steve Lime +1
   - Daniel Morissette
   - Markus Schneider
   - Cameron Shorter
   - Jeroen Ticheler
   - Norman Vine
   - Frank Warmerdam

On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 8:09 AM, Julien-Samuel Lacroix <
jlacroix at mapgears.com> wrote:

> +1
>
> Julien
>
> On 2016-08-25 11:28 AM, David William Bitner wrote:
>
>> Dear Incubation Committee,
>>
>> As the mentor for GeoNode Incubation, I would like to make a motion to
>> graduate GeoNode from the OSGeo incubation process with Jeff Johnson to
>> act as the Project Officer.
>>
>> You will find the Incubation Checklist at:
>>
>> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GeoNode_Incubation_Checklist
>>
>> During the incubation process much work has been done to solidify the
>> intellectual property behind GeoNode.
>>
>>   * copyright was transferred from the now dissolved OpenPlans
>>   * a Contributor License Agreement has been adopted and a process
>>     created to collect from all contributors
>>   * all files have been checked for headers
>>   * the release process documentation has been shored up
>>
>> GeoNode has a tremendous "bus quotient" as there are core developers
>> distributed globally. Many of the institutional direct users have
>> developed strong expertise in GeoNode along with many companies that
>> have developed support programs built around GeoNode. There is no single
>> point of failure for this project.
>>
>> The GeoNode has managed to work in the open from inception in a way that
>> has enabled enormous amounts of collaboration both between institutions
>> using GeoNode and companies/individuals providing support for GeoNode.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> David
>>
>> --

> Julien-Samuel Lacroix