[Incubator] osgeo innovator, experiment, community, builder, shed, barn, garage, ...

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Fri Feb 5 20:34:45 PST 2016

On 2/5/2016 9:11 PM, Jody Garnett wrote:
> Names suggested for OSGeo labs:
> - Alley
> - Basement, Cellar, Dungeon
> - Builder
> - Community
> - Community Builder Project
> - Experiment
> - Garage
> - Innovator
> - Landing, Dock
> - Path, Paths, Pathways
> - Patio, Dec
> - Project Barn
> - Project Shed
> - Shed
> - Side Street
> - Technology
> - Trail
> - Yard
>
> Landon if you could contact "Lab" projects and ask them to reply to this
> thread, with the name of their project - and their top three preferences
> from the above list:
>
>   * OSGeo Labs: Geoinformatica
>     <https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Labs:_Geoinformatica>
>   * OSGeo Labs: pgRouting

I'll discuss this with the pgRouting team and get back to you with our
preferences.

>     <https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Labs:_pgRouting>
>   * OSGeo Labs: PAGC <https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Labs:_PAGC>

PAGC can probably be dropped from the labs list at this point. The core
reusable piece of this project (the address standardizer) has been moved
into the PostGIS Geocoder. I will in the process of creating a new
address standardizer written in C++ that will replace that code with the
goal of being more maintainable, support UTF8 for international support
and I will be working with the PostGIS team to rewrite the geocoder to
be data set agnostic.

Thanks,
   -Steve