[Incubator] making a formal community projects document

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Fri May 27 19:40:39 PDT 2016

On 27 May 2016 at 13:27, Cameron Shorter <cameron.shorter at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes Jody, that is what I was referring to.

Okay, I will go through that list below...

> I'm open to adjusting the language of our OSGeo-Live selection criteria to
> align with other OSGeo documents.
>
> Thanks, I have opened an issue asking to include Community project
branding on OSGeo Live.  I think the selection criteria for OSGeo Live is
fine, it is for outreach after all and should give precedence to
applications rather than libraries or cloud technologies.

> Priority for selecting OSGeoLive projects to package is:
> OSGeo Projects
> OSGeo Projects in incubation
> Stable GeoSpatial Open Source Software being presented in workshops,
> tutorials, or presentations at FOSS4G
>
> The most recent FOSS4G workshop selection criteria also gave precedence to
OSGeo Projects / Incubation / Community - so this becomes a bit of a closed
loop. Either FOSS4G, OSGeo-Live ... or Community Projects should broaden
its reach.

> - Other Stable GeoSpatial Open Source Software with established project
> communities and a wide user base
>
> This is of course a big ask, I hope community projects can work with
projects before they become successful