[Incubator] Considering Portable GIS as an OSGeo community project

Jo Cook jocook at astuntechnology.com
Wed Aug 23 08:22:32 PDT 2017

Hi Jody and list,

Having had a bit of a think about licensing, I had previously chosen GPLv3
*for my components alone* and I think I'm happy with that. As far as I can
tell, I can license my modifications alone with GPLv3 regardless of what
the software projects themselves are. I've had a look at how OSGeo Live
works, but that doesn't help much (https://live.osgeo.org/en/copyright.html).
Is there anyone on the list who could help me out with this- basically to
confirm or deny?

Thanks

Jo

t:+44 7930 524 155/twitter:@archaeogeek