[Incubator] Fixing incorrect license headers in GeoWebCache

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 16:05:56 PDT 2017

Thanks Kevin:

We have an interesting one here as GeoWebCache is an OSGeo community
project and the codebase has been donated to OSGeo. As I understand it you
have a very small PSC consisting of ... yourself :)

While we have hopes you can grow you leadership team at the moment you are
it, and you are empowered to act two different ways:

a) As the leadership of the GeoWebCache community project you are
responsible for managing that codebase on behalf of OSGeo
b) As a boundless employee you can seek permission from Boundless
management and then take actions for your colleagues who contributed files
with an incorrect header

In the interests of being transparent can I recommend:

1) Emailing Quinn who is the project manager for Boundless Suite, oh wait I
see you have done that already via CC
2) Email Alessio (or his manager Simone) at GeoSolutions
about GeoWebCacheEnvironment.java

And to help prevent this from happening in the future please
consider changing your CONTIRBUTING.md file to require an OSGeo CLA. The
project has had a small number of individual contributors so you should be
able to contact anyone who is not already covered by
a corporate contirbution agreement.

Thanks for everything you do, and having conversations like this on the
incubation list is both helpful and a good example for those new to OSGeo.