[Incubator] Fixing incorrect license headers in GeoWebCache

Kevin Smith smithkm at draconic.ca
Mon Aug 28 14:37:39 PDT 2017

Three files in GeoWebCache have incorrect copyright headers specifying
GPL 2 instead of LGPL 3 which is the project's license.  These appear to
either be developers used to GeoServer using that project's headers, or
copying code from GeoServer.

I'd like to sort this out to make sure everything is consistently LGPL
3.  The headers attribute either OpenPlans (Which transferred its GWC
copyrights to OSGeo) or OSGeo.  All the changes were made by people who
were at the time working for OpenPlans (groldan, rmarianski), Boundless
(smithkm), or GeoSolutions (afabiani), the latter two having signed the
OSGeo CLA although GWC doesn't currently require the CLA for contributions.

As GWC project lead I'd like to make sure it's OK to change the headers.

https://github.com/GeoWebCache/geowebcache/blob/master/geowebcache/core/src/main/java/org/geowebcache/util/URLMangler.java
(I know the author created this for both GS and GWC)

https://github.com/GeoWebCache/geowebcache/blob/master/geowebcache/rest/src/main/java/org/geowebcache/rest/XstreamRepresentation.java
(Not sure but this may have been copied from GeoServer, this file is
being removed but much of code is moving elsewhere.  This is what
brought the issue to our attention.)

https://github.com/GeoWebCache/geowebcache/blob/master/geowebcache/core/src/main/java/org/geowebcache/GeoWebCacheEnvironment.java
(I think this is something GeoSolutions wrote once for GeoServer then
copied here)

--
Kevin Michael Smith
<smithkm at draconic.ca>