[Incubator] Projects Waiting for a Mentor

Johan Van de Wauw johan.vandewauw at gmail.com
Sun Jul 30 12:51:50 PDT 2017

On Sun, Jul 30, 2017 at 9:32 PM, Jody Garnett <jody.garnett at gmail.com> wrote:
> I went and checked - and removed the GeoNode incubation application.
>
> Here is a link to trac:
> https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/query?status=assigned&status=new&status=reopened&component=Incubator&col=id&col=summary&col=status&col=type&col=priority&col=milestone&col=component&order=priority
>
> Of you want a quick win we it would be great to contact community projects
> and check that they have the new logo, if they are interested in incubation,
> are aware of the new website (and have filled in the form to be listed). I

Rather then adding new projects to incubation, I believe we should
(drastically) speed up incubation for projects already in incubation.

I failed to find a post in the archive of this mailing list for the
last *year* for eg the incubation of Opticks or zoo-project.

Come on, the requirements for incubation are not hard, if we fail to
help projects incubate within one year I believe either we are not
doing the right thing or they are not genuinely interested in
incubation. Stretching things too long only makes it more painful if
projects are rejected in the end.

Kind Regards,
Johan