[Incubator] Oskari Incubation Application

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 04:06:26 PDT 2017

I've just reviewed the Oskari application to join OSGeo, and I agree
that the project looks to be an excellent candidate for OSGeo
incubation, and look to have done so many things right already.

A few points:

* Arnulf, it seems you have added comments as a mentor? Have you already
stepped up to mentor this project?

* The only glitch I can see with the project is that it only seems to be
attracting community from government bodies from one nation. Is that by
design? Is it due to the particular needs of Finish rules and
regulations? I think the project would be much more robust if it were
attracting deployments and contributions from multiple nations. I'd like
to see some discussion on this topic. What are future goals? What are
plans to achieve these goals?

* With regards to moving forward, there is nothing stopping projects
from starting to move through the incubation process yourself. (We have
been doing this for the OSGeo-Live project).

* In particular, if you wish to join the OSGeo-Live project, then you
can approach OSGeo-Live team as per:

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Disc#How_to_add_a_project_to_OSGeoLive

Warm regards,

Cameron Shorter