[Incubator] Working with brian on OTB Graduation checklist (calgis codesprint)

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Mon May 29 10:37:25 PDT 2017

The OSGeo committees and Communities, as described, is all the information
OSGeo wants for after you have graduated. You will fill this in to get the
most out of being a part of OSGeo.

As an example the marketing committee wants a logo to use in hand outs. The
board wants a contact point to act as the "project officer" in the
foundation (this person is usually a volunteer from the project steering
committee). If you needed any infrastructure help from the system admin
committee etc...

What happens next:

1. We ask your mentor, Landon, to make a motion to the incubation committee
that you are ready. This is not only based on the checklist, sometimes if a
project has just formed a project steering committee we give it some time
to make sure the steering committee is functioning (is able to pass motions
and operate the project).

2. When the motion is passed I will, as incubation chair, ask the OSGeo
board to "Recognize OTB as an OSGeo Project" along with the volunteer you
have listed as project officer.

3. You then get a new logo to use you your project website, and we ask the
marketing committee to update all the flyers and handouts, OSGeo live also
needs to be updated, etc....