[Incubator] motion: accept osgeo-live incubation application

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 12:06:15 PDT 2017

Thanks Vicky, motion is not quite passed yet (waiting on 100% response for
the electronic voting).

I note that the board-priv at osgeo.org list is available if you have any
questions you would like to raise privately.

You can see a couple of approaches in play here:
- Earlier on the incubation thread I asked the incubation committee to
consider my early involvement with OSGeo live and if it would be a
hindrance to acting as mentor.
- During MOT1 voting I responded with +1, noting my role as incubation chair
- During MOT1 voting you can see Angelos abstain with a +0 vote, noting his
role as PSC chair

The board has addressed these kind of tensions previously, asking directors
to acknowledge if they are affected by the matter at hand - but still vote
in a responsible fashion as a director of OSGeo. This issue comes up a lot
for directors, because they are part of OSGeo and are affected by most
decisions.

With your permission I would like to pass your question and the above
answer to the board email list. I try not to cross post since that leads to
madness.