[Incubator] Website Jan 15th relaunch - Incubation

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Sun Jan 7 23:20:12 PST 2018

Great news coming out of last weeks system admin meeting - the OSGeo
website is scheduled to go live Jan 15th.

- https://staging.www.osgeo.org
- login with your OSGeo id <https://staging.www.osgeo.org/osgeo_userid> and
fill in your profile information

For the incubation committee:
- https://staging.www.osgeo.org/about/committees/
- https://staging.www.osgeo.org/about/committees/incubation/

We have a tough call to make, while the above content has been faithfully
migrated - I am not sure if it is appropriate for the new website. If the
website is for outreach, and the wiki for committee operation - we may be
able to move some material to the wiki and have less duplication. Thoughts?

For mentors - please share the news with your project team so they can
check their page. And ask members to sign in and update their profile to be
listed as contributors:

- https://staging.www.osgeo.org/projects/ - photos are important: of your
team, and a screen shot of your technology
- https://staging.www.osgeo.org/choose-a-project/ - edit the "topic" to
control where the project is discoverable by new users

Thanks to everyone who worked so hard on this in 2017.