[Incubator] Revisiting Loader as an OSGeo community project

Jo Cook jocook at astuntechnology.com
Mon Oct 1 06:48:11 PDT 2018

Hi List,

I'd like to revisit our request for Loader (
https://github.com/AstunTechnology/Loader) to be accepted as an OSGeo
Community Project. In previous discussions about this back in July there
was some concern about the lack of license headers in the code. This has
taken us a while to resolve to our satisfaction as there are a small number
of files licensed under a different license to the main code base, and we
wanted to make sure we covered that correctly.

We believe this is now done, and so we'd like to revisit our request!

As a reminder, Loader was developed by my colleague at Astun Technology,
Matt Walker, as a high-performance python wrapper around ogr2ogr, for
primarily loading large quantities of Ordnance Survey Mastermap data into
postgreSQL (or other formats). It has since been expanded to cover the
around loading data for routing.

It's licensed under an MIT license (with a small number of files licensed
under the Apache license), has a contributors readme at
https://github.com/AstunTechnology/Loader/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md,
accepts contributions, and has a relatively active community- it's used by
a lot of organisations for bulk loading data, including the Ordnance Survey
themselves.

All the best

Jo

--
*Jo Cook*
t:+44 7930 524 155/twitter:@archaeogeek

*
Reserve your conference place now:  *Bristol 26 Sept
<https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/astun-conference-bristol-tickets-46763717538>*
| *Leeds 3rd October
<https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/astun-conference-leeds-tickets-46763825862>

*
*
*Sign up to our mailing list
<https://astuntechnology.com/company/#email-updates> for updates on news,
products, conferences, events and training*
*
*

Astun Technology Ltd, The
Coach House, 17 West Street, Epsom, Surrey, KT18 7RL, UK
t:+44 1372 744
009 w: astuntechnology.com <http://astuntechnology.com/> twitter:@astuntech
<https://twitter.com/astuntech>

iShare - enterprise geographic
intelligence platform <https://astuntechnology.com/ishare/>
GeoServer,
PostGIS and QGIS training <https://astuntechnology.com/services/#training>

Helpdesk and customer portal
<http://support.astuntechnology.com/support/login>

Company registration
no. 5410695. Registered in England and Wales. Registered office: 120 Manor
Green Road, Epsom, Surrey, KT19 8LN VAT no. 864201149.