[Incubator] motion: Accept MapCentia GC2 to OSGeo Community

Jo Cook jocook at astuntechnology.com
Wed Oct 31 02:00:54 PDT 2018

+1

Jo

On Sat, Oct 27, 2018 at 11:07 PM Jody Garnett <jody.garnett at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Earlier this week *MapCentia GC2* sent in an application to the OSGeo
> Community program, the project is split across two repositories:
>
> https://github.com/mapcentia/geocloud2 - GC2: Combines PostGIS,
> MapServer, QGIS Server, MapCache, Elasticsearch,  ogr2ogr and more into one
> easy-to-use web application
>
> https://github.com/mapcentia/vidi - Vidi: A modern take on web GIS. It is
> the front-end for GC2.
>
> This project meets our OSGeo community requirements:
>
> 1. geospatial
> 2. open source license, with source code check of headers
> 3. accepts contributions
>
> *This has been verified by checking the GitHub LICENSE, CONTRIBUTING and
> README files. For web client software we discussed double checking if a web
> service license key is required, in this case both the service and client
> code is supplied.*
> This motion is held open until Nov 10th to give everyone a chance to vote
> (require a 50% response rate for "quorum"):
>
>    - Bruce Bannerman
>    - Bob (CI-StPaul) Basques
>    - Landon Blake
>    - Howard Butler
>    - Arnulf Christl
>    - Jo Cook
>    - Jody Garnett +1 initial motion
>    - Dimitris Kotzinos
>    - Tom Kralidis
>    - Julien-Samuel Lacroix
>    - Mark Lucas
>    - Steve Lime
>    - Daniel Morissette
>    - Markus Schneider
>    - Cameron Shorter
>    - Norman Vine
>    - Frank Warmerdam
>
> Community support:
>
>    - Martin Høgh has brought this application to the incubation committee
>    - Additional community support and encouragement for MapCentia GC2 is
>    of course welcome!

*Jo Cook*
t:+44 7930 524 155/twitter:@archaeogeek
Please note that currently I do not work on Friday afternoons. For urgent
our office on 01372 744009

products, conferences, events and training*
*
*

Astun Technology Ltd, The
Coach House, 17 West Street, Epsom, Surrey, KT18 7RL, UK
t:+44 1372 744
009 w: astuntechnology.com <http://astuntechnology.com/> twitter:@astuntech
<https://twitter.com/astuntech>

iShare - enterprise geographic
intelligence platform <https://astuntechnology.com/ishare/>
GeoServer,
PostGIS and QGIS training <https://astuntechnology.com/services/#training>

Helpdesk and customer portal
<http://support.astuntechnology.com/support/login>

Company registration
no. 5410695. Registered in England and Wales. Registered office: 120 Manor
Green Road, Epsom, Surrey, KT19 8LN VAT no. 864201149.