[Incubator] strategy approach for our incoming requests

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 17:24:25 PDT 2018

Quick aside: We are "finally" starting to get a steady stream of requests
on our commit mailing list :)

If I can ask any and all committee members who see an incoming request do a
quick sanity check of the associated source code against our checklist and *see
if you can give the project permission to be listed our our website*.

Our goal as a foundation is to empower everyone with open source geospatial
... so getting these projects visible to our community and the world at
large is priority one!

Once this is done please feel free to suggest joining as a community
project. We have a lot of experience to share with each project team and
this is a great chance to help. Even if they do not ultimately decide to
join our community program it is a good discussion to have.

One thing is that is concerning is the tapering off of requests to join the
incubation program. I am quite keen to see several projects completing
their incubation projects this year, and feel that going through incubation
is where the real value of this committee lives.