[Incubator] Application to accept GeoExt as a OSGeo Community Project

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 22:16:36 PDT 2019

Had a chance to look at the codebase, had two topics for your consideration:

1. While the project provides a development.md
<https://github.com/geoext/geoext3/blob/master/development.md> file and
accepts pull requests, we do recommend GitHub projects provide a
CONTRIBUTING.md file (which is shown to folks making a pull request for the
first time).
2. OSGeo Board recently updated to code-of-conduct
<https://www.osgeo.org/code_of_conduct/> recommendations for the
foundation. OSGeo asks that each group have a code of conduct of some sort,
and recommend the contributor covenant
<https://www.contributor-covenant.org/> for open source projects.\

For the above items GitHub provides a community profile
<https://github.com/geoext/geoext3/community> wizard which will help fill
in the above two items.

The above feedback is no a blocker and I have separately proposed the
project for the community program in the hopes of getting it in before
foss4g next week.