[Incubator] motion : accept vMap as an OSGeo Comunity Project

Armand Bahi armand.bahi at veremes.com
Thu Aug 22 08:08:11 PDT 2019

Hello,

Few months ago on the 13th "Jornadas de SIG libre" in Girona (Spain) we've make a presentation of our WebGIS vMap (https://vimeo.com/showcase/6126225/video/347719352).

vMap is an OpenSource WebGIS tool based on PostgreSQL / PostGIS, you can find more information on the documentation https://vmap.readthedocs.io/en/latest/presentation/presentation/

At the end of the presentation MarĂ­a Arias de Reyna from OSGeo Spain asked me why do not make vMap as an OSGeo Community Project and I told her it would be an honor to do it. So we start working on traducing the software and documentation and searching other companies to share the project management.

Today translation is almost done and a company that work mostly on 3D data using lidar and drones wants to join the team.

We are really interested on working with OSGeo so I would be glad to have your opinion.

 	 Armand Bahi
 Software development engineer / vMap project manager
 armand.bahi at veremes.com <mailto:armand.bahi at veremes.com>
 +33 4 68 38 65 27