[Incubator] The Open Data Cube as an OSGeo Project

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 03:23:05 PDT 2019

That is great Alex, let me quickly go through our checklist:

1) Geospatial

https://github.com/opendatacube/datacube-core/blob/develop/README.rst

"gridded data analysis" <-- very geospatial :)

2) open source

https://github.com/opendatacube/datacube-core/blob/develop/LICENSE

I would recommend using the entire Apache License here (the text you have
is usually for a header). If you use the whole license GitHub can track
what is going on and recommendation you.

There is a wizard ... also making it mark-down is good for readability.

So +1 here, just a tip :)

3) open to participants

I can see some pull requests
https://github.com/opendatacube/datacube-core/pulls

I would recommend a CONTRIBUTING.md file as that is shown to potential
contributors when they open a pull request.

4) bonus

Really cool you have a code of conduct - right on!

So yeah with that in mind let's get you setup on the osgeo website.