[Incubator] zoo-project community sprint checklist hacking

Johan Van de Wauw johan.vandewauw at gmail.com
Sat Aug 31 03:25:53 PDT 2019

On Sat, Aug 31, 2019 at 12:17 PM Jody Garnett <jody.garnett at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Enjoying Gerald's company as we look at checklist, these are notes:
>
> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/ZOO-Project_Incubation_Checklist
>
> *1. open *
>
> *1a: source license*
>
> This is actually interesting, lots licenses here and the license file is
> more go a guide :)
>
> I would kind of expect each license to be listed in full as part of the
> distribution (this is a requirement for some of them).
>
> For a similar situation eclipse foundation had JTS make one file
> <https://github.com/locationtech/jts/blob/master/LICENSES.md>, and then a
> directory of all the individual license files.
>
> One of the licenses is GPL, that is run as a separate component (so the
> other components do not need to be GPL).
> This will make a great example for other OSGeo project when you are done :)

Please be aware that a similar  copyright file already exists in the debian
packaging:
https://salsa.debian.org/debian-gis-team/zoo-project/blob/master/debian/copyright

Rather than reinventing the wheel, it might be a good idea to use this file
as a basis. It would be nice though if it is maintained inside Zoo-project.