[Incubator] geohealthcheck community sprint update

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Sat Aug 31 04:03:24 PDT 2019

Checklist,

Checklist is expanding a bit based on recent experience (I would like to
update our messaging as expectations change as illustrated by foss4g
presentation and recent pygeoapi thread).

0) listed on the website http://www.osgeo.org/projects/geohealthcheck/

- looks wonderful!
- idea: group photo?
- idea: consider screen snap to showcase application
- idea: consider "migrate from" to help position product

1) geospatial
baseline:
- README <https://github.com/geopython/GeoHealthCheck/blob/master/README.md>
community:
- website: https://geohealthcheck.org
- communication: gitter <https://gitter.im/geopython/GeoHealthCheck> (open
to everyone, but no archive)

2) open source
baseline:
- LICENSE <https://github.com/geopython/GeoHealthCheck/blob/master/LICENSE> -
MIT License, looks great, can consider markdown if you like
community:
- headers: code looks great, tests have headers as well. checking data
(nothing looks like raw data here - if so we would of used a README)
- checking bash / config scripts since they are often missed...
https://github.com/geopython/GeoHealthCheck/blob/master/Dockerfile <--
check out what yjacolin wanted to use for license

For the above this "technically" is part of the distribution of
geohealthcheck and not part of the running project code. So it is polite to
check, but does not affect the license of geohealthcheck.

3) participatory
baseline:
contributing.md - not present, but I do see pull-requests. Recommend adding
contributing.md if you get a chance
community:
- showing contributions being accepted - lots of variety here (including
translations)
- issue tracker shows healthy use
- bonus: not on osgeo live (yet)

4) new requirements