[Incubator] budget 2020 and incubation activity planning

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Mon Dec 9 08:43:45 PST 2019

For the last couple of years we have requested a budget to support out
projects in incubation, last year a budget of 10k was approved.

The ZOO-Project has been the only one to request any kind of assistance in
this time period. With this in mind I think we should request less budget
for 2020 (to give the board a more realistic expectation of our needs).

With recent graduation our list is down to five projects:

   - IstSOS/Jeff - some activity, interested in hearing how nov sprint went.
   - Opticks?Mark - any updates?
   - Oskari/Arnulf this project has expressed some interest / activity in
   2020 but could still use some help if time is available.
   - TEAM Engine/Jody - some contact with Lugi, graduation checklist
   started button shared
   - ZOO-Project/Dimitris - worked with Gerald at foss4g sprint, results
   shared to this list but I have not followed up.

Mentors / incubation teams we are here to support you, what are your plans
for 2020?

As for the incubation committee itself, I would be very supportive of
financially folks traveling to an event or code sprint to work on our
committee documents and processes.  I also think we could put some effort
into promoting the incubation program (both to attract projects and
mentors).

How about this for a rough budget:

a) 5k to support incubation team / mentor activities

And we can make use of the osgeo code-sprint budget request if we wish to
run an incubation sprint at some point during the year?