[Incubator] motion: Accept rasdaman into the OSGeo Community program

Dimitris Kotzinos kotzino at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 00:34:09 PDT 2019

Dear all,

if my memory serves me well (not certain anymore :-)), rasdaman had
applied some years ago to graduate as an OSGEO project and when
discussions produced a lot of heated arguments and disagreements, the
project withdrew from the OSGEO family of projects.
What I would like to inquire is whether things have changed and now we
have some guarantees that the project is interested to progress to
graduation.

Please note that this is a well-intended message: I would be very happy
to have rasdaman back into OSGEO and to support it in any way possible;
I consider it a well done project. But I would like to avoid the
previous situation of just repeating itself.

Thanks for your consideration,
Best regards,

Dimitris Kotzinos