[Incubator] PROJ incubation checklist ready for review

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 10:37:07 PDT 2019

Michael,

As you have been involved in mentoring proj, I'd be very keen to see you
write a summary of the status of Proj and readiness for graduation.

Most projects are not perfect, and it is good to openly discuss the
things which are not perfect and why you think that the project should
still continue through graduation.

Cheers, Cameron

On 18/10/19 3:25 am, Michael Smith wrote:

> I thought the motion was an implicit +1 but
>
> +1 on graduating PROJ to full OSGeo project
>
> Mike
>
> --
>
> Michael Smith
>
> OSGeo Foundation Treasurer
>
> treasurer at osgeo.org
>
> *From: *Jody Garnett <jody.garnett at gmail.com>
> *Date: *Thursday, October 17, 2019 at 12:21 PM
> *To: *Michael Smith <michael.smith.erdc at gmail.com>
> *Cc: *Kristian Evers <kreve at sdfe.dk>, OSGeo-incubator
> <incubator at lists.osgeo.org>
> *Subject: *Re: [Incubator] PROJ incubation checklist ready for review
>
> Michael Smith (as mentor) has made the following motion:
>
> Motion: Graduate PROJ as an OSGeo Project.
>
> aside: Michael as a mentor you are part of the incubation committee
> and get a vote
>
> As chair I will ask this motion be held open for until October 31st,
> we require a 50% response rate:
>
> - Bruce Bannerman
>
> - Bob (CI-StPaul) Basques
>
> - Howard Butler
>
> - Arnulf Christl
>
> - Jo Cook +1
>
> - Jody Garnett
>
> - Dimitris Kotzinos
>
> - Tom Kralidis +1 seconded
>
> - Julien-Samuel Lacroix
>
> - Mark Lucas
>
> - Michael Smith +1 initial motion
>
> - Steve Lime
>
> - Daniel Morissette
>
> - Markus Schneider
>
> - Cameron Shorter

> On Thu, 17 Oct 2019 at 02:44, <michael.smith.erdc at gmail.com
> <mailto:michael.smith.erdc at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     I would like to make a motion to the incubation committee to
>     graduate PROJ as an OSGeo Project.
>
>     Michael Smith
>
>     OSGeo Treasurer
>

>         On Oct 17, 2019, at 12:40 AM, Jody Garnett
>         <jody.garnett at gmail.com <mailto:jody.garnett at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>         Congrats that is great work, for incubation we gotta wait for
>         your mentor Michael Smith to check in and make a motion.
>
>         The mentor role is twofold:
>
>         a) Joined your community, answering questions, etc...
>
>         b) Letting the committee know when the project team is
>         functioning and ready to graduate (this is especially
>         important when a project adopts new procedures etc...)
>

>         --
>
>         Jody Garnett
>
>         On Wed, 16 Oct 2019 at 04:18, Kristian Evers <kreve at sdfe.dk
>         <mailto:kreve at sdfe.dk>> wrote:
>
>             All,
>
>             The incubation checklist for PROJ is now ready for review.
>
>             The checklist is available here:
>
>             https://github.com/OSGeo/PROJ/wiki/Incubation-checklist
>
>             The Trac issue regarding the incubation request of PROJ is
>             here:
>
>             https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/2268
>
>             I am unsure what the next step is with regard to actually
>             graduating
>
>             PROJ as an OSGeo project. Can someone enlighten me?
>
>             Best regards,
>
>             Kristian

Cameron Shorter
Technology Demystifier