[Incubator] updated list of community projects

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 20:26:51 PDT 2019

I have the following inquiry from our friend Maria:

*Dear Jody*
*here again with my questions 😉*
*on the slide of the AGM, I read that there are 16 community projects, 6
news but on the page of Community projects, I find only 21. *
*Do you know what is correct?*
*Many thanks!!!!!*
*Cheers*
*Maria*

I am under the impression that some projects do not yet have web page and
may not be listed? Still let's see if we can get an answer.

Wiki has has a list of prior "OSGeo Lab" tagged pages and a few other
things ...

OSGeo.org drop down menu has: 21

*Desktop Applications*

   1. *OSGeo4W*
      2. *Opticks*

*Geospatial Libraries*

   1. *actinia*
      2. *Pronto Raster*
      3. *PROJ*
      4. *FDO*
      5. *OSSIM*
      6. *pgRouting*

*Metadata Catalogs*
*Other*

   1. *GeoServer Client PHP*
      2. *Loader*
      3. *GeoHealthCheck*
      4. *Portable GIS*
      5. *TEAM Engine*

*Web Mapping*

   1. *GeoExt*
      2. *pygeoapi*
      3. *GC2/Vidi*
      4. *GeoWebCache*
      5. *MapGuide Open Source*
      6. *Geomajas*
      7. *ZOO-Project*
      8. *istSOS*

OSGeo projects list has: 22

So we have a mystery, I bet one of the projects did not selected the
correct category to be included in the drop down..

Let me check them and see if we can find who is missing:
- Loader <https://www.osgeo.org/projects/loader-project/> - this still
needs an icon :) I am going to make it a truck with a scoop unless someone
stops me :)
- MapGuide Open Source
<https://www.osgeo.org/projects/mapguide-open-source/> - needs a logo
- OSGeo4W <https://www.osgeo.org/projects/osgeo4w/> - logo needs a white
background, it looks very sill with the green on green only showing 50% of
the logo
- GeoServer Client PHP
<https://www.osgeo.org/projects/geoserver-client-php/> needs a logo
- OSSIM <https://www.osgeo.org/projects/ossim/> - logo looks like a screen
snap of their website, and the page is empty (sad). Think we should hide
this page until the project team shows up...
- OWSLib <https://www.osgeo.org/projects/owslib/> - this is the missing
project! Going to consider it a "geospatial library" so it shows up the in
menu

So we have an answer for Maria (OWSLib was missing), and some work to do
for the projects above.