[Incubator] Request for OSGEO Community Project for rasdaman - raster database manager (rasdaman.org)

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 12:36:40 PDT 2019

Thanks Bang:

As rasdaman previously took part in the incubation program I expect it is
going to more than exceed our requirements for the community program.
Indeed the community program was in part inspired by this experience.

I am working on making our checklist clear - so any feedback is more than
welcome. For example I think that "Code of Conduct" can be placed under
item 3 below:

   1. *Be geospatial *
      - *Confirm by checking README or project description*
      - *We ask projects have some user documentation, for example an OSGeo
      Live quickstart*
   2. *Have a free license or an open source license.*
      - *The license must be OSI approved*
      - *We ask that the project team check the file headers and double
      check the license has been appropriately applied*
   3. *Welcome participation and new contributors.*
      - *We look for a clear contribution policy*
      - *We ask that the project demonstrate collaboration, perhaps with a
      history of bug report or pull requests*
   4. *Code of Conduct*
      - *Code of conduct OSGeo has supplied some guidance for projects
      <https://www.osgeo.org/code_of_conduct/>many of which select contribution
      covenant <https://www.contributor-covenant.org/>*

Before we start I am little confused by the service provider page
<https://www.osgeo.org/service-providers/rasdaman-raster-database-manager/>
(which is for companies). Are you sure you did not want to work on project
page <https://www.osgeo.org/projects/>? Both are useful of course ...