[Incubator] The Open Data Cube as a OSGeo Community Project

Alex Leith alexgleith at gmail.com
Wed May 6 16:09:01 PDT 2020

Hey Jody

Thanks for the advice.

We had a look at the Apache license documentation and it says:

>Each original source document (code and documentation, but not the LICENSE
and NOTICE files) *should* include a short license header
https://infra.apache.org/apply-license.html#new

Does the OSGeo Project process require the license to be in headers, or
simply encourage?

Regarding headers, since we don't have an Open Data Cube organisation that
is doing the distribution, do you or others have any feedback on what a
minimal header might look like? Something like this, say:

This file is licensed to you under the Apache License, Version
2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in
compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at

Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing,
software distributed under the License is distributed on an
"AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY
KIND, either express or implied.  See the License for the
specific language governing permissions and limitations
under the License.

Kind regards,

Alex Leith
m: 0419189050