[Incubator] The Open Data Cube as a OSGeo Community Project

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Wed May 6 16:22:06 PDT 2020

On jeudi 7 mai 2020 09:09:01 CEST Alex Leith wrote:
> Hey Jody
>
> Thanks for the advice.
>
> We had a look at the Apache license documentation and it says:
> >Each original source document (code and documentation, but not the LICENSE
>
> and NOTICE files) *should* include a short license header
> https://infra.apache.org/apply-license.html#new
>
> Does the OSGeo Project process require the license to be in headers, or
> simply encourage?

Not speaking on behalf of OSGeo, but I'd suggest using the the one-line variant offered by
the SPDX initiative, which is adopted by the Linux Kernel project among others, and has the
advantage of conveying explicit non-ambiguous licensing in a short way, and to be easily
analyzed by automated tools (compliance checking). Just put the following at the beginning
of files (way of commenting to be adopted with the one offered by the programming
language)

// SPDX-License-Identifier: Apache-2.0

See https://spdx.org/ids-how

http://www.spatialys.com