[Incubator] The Open Data Cube as a OSGeo Community Project

Alex Leith alexgleith at gmail.com
Thu May 7 14:28:44 PDT 2020

>person or organisation responsible

Responsible for distribution of the file?

If that's it, I guess I need to go digging for some further examples.
Because as I said earlier, we don't have a formal ODC organisation. I could
check into whether Geoscience Australia could be that org, but I'm not sure
that it should.

And I really hope you're not talking responsible for holding copyright,
because that's a far more complex issue!

On Thu, 7 May 2020 at 23:21, Jody Garnett <jody.garnett at gmail.com> wrote:

> This discussion, and your projects decision on how to open source, is why
> we have this check list.
>
> It is minimal, the part that is weak is noting the person or organization
> responsible. Headers with such information can help when doing a providence
> review (where the code came from), but git history even better :)
>
> So back at you - what is appropriate for your project? And do you find any
> odd files when checking your headers? Most projects do...
>
> On Wed, May 6, 2020 at 6:53 PM Alex Leith <alexgleith at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks Even, that looks like a really simple solution!
>>
>> Does anyone see any issues with Even's proposed approach?
>>
>> On Thu, 7 May 2020 at 09:22, Even Rouault <even.rouault at spatialys.com>
>> wrote:

>>> LICENSE

>>> Not speaking on behalf of OSGeo, but I'd suggest using the the one-line
>>> variant offered by the SPDX initiative, which is adopted by the Linux
>>> Kernel project among others, and has the advantage of conveying explicit
>>> non-ambiguous licensing in a short way, and to be easily analyzed by
>>> automated tools (compliance checking). Just put the following at the
>>> beginning of files (way of commenting to be adopted with the one offered by
>>> the programming language)
>>>

>>> // SPDX-License-Identifier: Apache-2.0
>>>

>>> See https://spdx.org/ids-how
>>>

>>> --
>>>
>>> Spatialys - Geospatial professional services
>>>
>>> http://www.spatialys.com
>>>

>> --
>> Alex Leith
>> m: 0419189050