[Incubator] [Mobilitydb-dev] MobilityDB as a OSGeo Community Project

Mahmoud SAKR mahmoud.sakr at ulb.ac.be
Thu Nov 19 08:27:10 PST 2020

Hi Jody, incubation committee,

After Jody's review below, we have fixed issue#5
<https://github.com/MobilityDB/MobilityDB-admin/issues/5> and corrected the
copyright and license information in the files headers. Now all files have
the respective copyright and license in their headers. Examples are given
below. The changes have been applied to the Develop branch, and they will
be merged into Master at the next release.

According to Jody's review, this was the only remaining requirement for us
to fulfill the OSGeo Community Projects checklist
<https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Community_Projects>. Of course you are
welcome to give more comments. We have created these issues
<https://github.com/MobilityDB/MobilityDB-admin/issues> to facilitate your
review, so you can comment/close. Looking forward to your feedback.

- All code files, c, h, sql, and the test scripts are provided under The
PostgreSQL License, which is OSI approved
<https://opensource.org/licenses/PostgreSQL>
Example header: (
https://github.com/MobilityDB/MobilityDB/blob/develop/src/doublen.c)

- Documentation License: <https://docs.mobilitydb.com/MobilityDB/develop/>

> This is the manual for MobilityDB v1.0. The MobilityDB Manual is licensed
> under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License 3
> <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/>. Feel free to use this
> material any way you like, but we ask that you attribute credit to the
> MobilityDB Project and wherever possible, a link back to MobilityDB
> <https://github.com/MobilityDB/MobilityDB>.
> [image: image.png]

Best regards,
Mahmoud SAKR