[Incubator] Stepping back from Incubation Committee

Bruce Bannerman bruce.bannerman.osgeo at gmail.com
Wed May 11 02:50:08 PDT 2022

Dear Jody and colleagues,

Unfortunately my personal situation has changed and I find that I do not have the capacity to continue on the OSGeo Incubation Committee.

I will continue to monitor the list intermittently.

Personally, I think that the incubation Committee has lost its momentum and its ‘raison d’etre’.

I think that it is time for a reboot and some new faces on the committee.

The long delayed discussions on what type of project OSGeo supports (e.g. Copy Left and ‘Platforms’; together with the tendency to try to bypass the Incubation Committee by going straight the the OSGeo Board; and minimal contributions from committee members are symptomatic of deep underlying problems.

I don’t have the time or capacity to help Jody and the committee address and resolve the issues.

Thank you all for many memorable years.

Kind regards,

Bruce