[Incubator] listing a new project on OSGeo website

Jo Cook jocook at astuntechnology.com
Thu Jun 8 07:37:51 PDT 2023

Hi All,

I'm all for this becoming a community project- the more the merrier!

I do have some suggestions though and others might have more ideas.
Firstly, I would include a requirements.txt file so that people can use pip
to install all the dependencies. I'd also include a contributing.md file
explaining if/how you want to accept contributions. Actual working
examples, possibly with some test data, if that's possible, might be useful.

All the best

Jo

On Thu, Jun 8, 2023 at 5:48 AM Jody Garnett <jody.garnett at gmail.com> wrote:

> That looks fun, I am used to projects being a little larger; but open
> source does come in all shapes and sizes 🙂
>
> I am going to be guided by some of the python folks on this list ...
>

> On Jun 1, 2023 at 5:42:59 PM, Ethan McIntosh <emaclex at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello Incubator Committee,
>>
>> My name is Ethan McIntosh, and I'm a data analyst working in local
>> government as well as an open-source contributor and enthusiast. I wanted
>> to ask you about listing a recent project of mine on OSGeo. It is a very
>> simple Python module with some background description material and
>> documentation within the README file.
>>
>> https://github.com/CityOfBoston/PolygonQuerier
>>
>> Let me know if you think this would be a good candidate!
>>
>> Best,
>> Ethan

*Jo Cook*
t:+44 7930 524 155 | twitter:@archaeogeek | mastodon:@archaeogeek
@mastodon.social
Please note that currently I do not work on Friday afternoons. For urgent
our office on 01372 744009

events and training

Astun Technology Ltd, t:+44 1372 744 009 contact us
online <https://www.astuntechnology.com/contact-us/>
web:
astuntechnology.com  <https://www.astuntechnology.com/> twitter:@astuntech
<https://twitter.com/astuntech>

iShare - enterprise geographic
intelligence platform
<https://www.astuntechnology.com/cloud-products/ishare/>

GeoServer,
PostGIS and QGIS training <https://www.astuntechnology.com/training/>
Support <https://www.astuntechnology.com/support/>

Company registration
no. 5410695. Registered in England and Wales. Registered office: Penrose
House, 67 Hightown Road, Banbury, OX16 9BE VAT no. 864201149.