[Incubator] OSGeo Incubation Committee & OSGeo:UK Code Sprint - Coding by the Coast - new OSGeo Community Projects

Nick Bearman nick at geospatialtrainingsolutions.co.uk
Thu Jul 25 07:51:50 PDT 2024

Hi All,

I am happy to step forward to be on the OSGeo Incubation Committee. What
(if anything) else do I need to do?

Also, I just wanted to let you know that (hopefully) we will have one or
two more projects applying to be OSGeo Community Projects after Tuesday
next week (30th July).

More details below, but in short, is there any conflict I should be
aware of a) being on the Incubation Committee and b) helping these
projects get listed?

More details:

OSGeo:UK have supported a number of OSGeo and related projects through
our GoFundGeo initiative (https://uk.osgeo.org/gofundgeo.html). One of
our criteria is that projects we fund register as OSGeo Community
Projects. Projects are also welcome to go through the incubation process
if they wish, but this is not required.

Rather than simply say "register to be a OSGeo Community Project" I
wanted to provide some concrete steps to help them with this. OSGeo:UK
are running an (off line) code sprint on Tues 30th July
(https://uk.osgeo.org/code-sprint-2024.html). One of the streams is to
help projects register as OSGeo Community Projects. I am going to lead
on this and help projects get registered.

I am reasonably happy with the process (read the info at
https://www.osgeo.org/about/committees/incubation/, check the checklist
at
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Incubation_Committee#Step_2:_Join_Community_Projects_Program,
send an email to the Incubation list).

I just wanted to let you know that a) I am doing this and b) check
whether (when) I join the Incubation committee whether you are happy for
me to vote on the proposed projects or whether this is a conflict of
interest.

Also, if there is anything else you think I should know, please do let
me know!

Many thanks for your time and efforts on this committee.

Best wishes,
Nick.

Nick Bearman | OSGeo:UK Chair

--
Nick Bearman
+44 (0) 7717745715
nick at geospatialtrainingsolutions.co.uk

Please let me know if I can make any adjustments related to disability or neurodivergence to improve how we interact.

Due to my own life/work balance, you may get emails from me outside of normal working hours. Please do not feel any pressure to respond outside of your own working pattern.