[Incubator] OSGeo Incubation Committee & OSGeo:UK Code Sprint - Coding by the Coast - new OSGeo Community Projects

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 09:10:50 PDT 2024

 Hi Nick,

Welcome Nick and thanks for volunteering!

The information about how the committee runs is here:
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Incubation_Committee#Committee_Operation
We tend to trust folks to vote in good faith, if you feel uncomfortable
voting on a topic you can always vote +0 or -0 (you are welcome to add that
clarification to the wiki).

A good first step is to double check you have the ability to edit the
website and wiki in order to add your name as a committee member :)
Can also set you up as a "project editor" to publish projects pages when
they are reviewed (see https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Website).

Specifically to help new projects it would be *great* to have a step by
step example (such as was done for service providers
<https://www.osgeo.org/community/getting-started-osgeo/add-service-provider/>
).
I wrote some presentations on how to fill this stuff in - I find it helps
to know what effect choosing the different topics and categories have.