[Indonesia] FOSS GIS follow up sharing and training

Wardiyono wynerst at indo.net.id
Wed Nov 14 03:47:11 EST 2007

Everyone,

I am sure some of us, if not all, trying to install mapbender,
mapserver, postgis on ubuntu. Can we share your experiences?

I am successfully replicate the whole training process based on Arnulf
instructions in my computers. Using xubuntu 7.10 with 5 DVDs repository,
the mapserver and all component is running both on my desktop and laptop.

Now, what next? Having able to display the shape and postgis maps is
nice, but displaying the information attribute or link for each layers
will be more important. A single polygon map of forest concessions, link
to more than 10 different data table (see the example tables in
http://iuphhk.fwi.or.id). It will not saying much without these tables.

Did any one able to do that on mapbender?

If i am not mistaken, it has to do with WFS function. The WFS
capabilites should be set in Mapbender. How can we set the WFS
capabilites on our mapserver? I have not read all the documentations
yet,  may be the answer was there. Pitty that I did not have  24 hours
internet connection. Did any one have an off-line documentation that can
be share with everybody?

Or, Dr. Francis, is this a good time and a fine justification to call an
advance training? 8-)

Regards,
Yono

--
...only after the last tree has been cut down, only after the last river
has been poisoned, only after the last fish has been caught, only then