[Ireland] Irish OSGeo LOC - first meeting!

Daniel McInerney daniel.o.mcinerney at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 09:57:54 PDT 2015

Hi All,

Just to let you all know that we had our first skype call to establish the
Irish OSGeo Local Chapter. Below are some high level minutes from the call:

Keep in touch.

best regards,
Daniel.

Irish OSGeo Local Chapter Meeting 24.09.2015 17h00 (40 minutes)

Attendance: Daniel McInerney, Ozan Emem, Declan Dunne
Apologies: Peter Mooney, Dave Corley

- Each participant gave a short intro on their background and experience
with OSGeo software.
- It was suggested that all members should spend some time to review and
edit the wiki page [1], with specific reference to the mission statement
and objectives
-  It was agreed that there was no need to formalize any structure for the
LOC at this stage given its embryonic status and relatively small number of
participants
- It was suggested we organise some webinars over the next couple of
months, and that each month someone would give a short presentation
followed by a discussion. Ozan has agreed to organise and present the first
webinar in November.
- We would also take the opportunity of this meeting to discuss any matters
arising related to the LOC.
- We briefly discussed some ideas about meeting up either as an informal
session (presentations and/or practical workshop) or as part of another
conference or meet-up. We will pursue this topic over the next couple of
months.
- It was agreed that we all try to spread the word of the Irish LOC and to
use the online mailing list as the main discussion forum [2]

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Ireland
[2] ireland at lists.osgeo.org