[iTowns-dev] Codesprint results

Jérémy Gaillard jeremy.gaillard at liris.cnrs.fr
Fri Feb 5 04:43:46 PST 2016

Hi,

Most of Vincent Mora's work and mine was focused on enabling a flat earth representation as an alternative to the globe in iTowns V2.
An issue was opened for this task : https://github.com/iTowns/itowns2/issues/34
What we achieved :
- Comprehension of the architecture and data flow
- Identified classes not generic enough in the current implementation to support the flat mode
- Integrated a flat mode (by mirroring the globe mode) that creates a simple flat mesh in a defined extent. We correctly go through the whole iTowns existing data process to achieve this

I think we can have a usable flat mode pretty quickly, once the most troublesome issues are sorted out (camera control, maybe some architecture fixes), we won't even need fully functional DEM/Imagery loading to test importing other data types or using other data structures.

Jérémy