[iTowns-dev] Vector (tiles) as background

Jean-Denis Giguère jean-denis at anagraph.io
Mon Apr 24 19:48:48 PDT 2017

Thank you Gérald!

If I am right, the WFS Provider creates differents 3D geometries that are
added to the scene (Line, Point or 2,5D from building footprint). WM(T)S
provider, on the other hand, creates a texture which is draped on the
terrain.
(Please correct me if I'm wrong).

Since I'm looking to add a texture to the ground from a vector format, is
it possible that  WMTS_Provider is the closest provider for my need?

Instead of reading a raster, we could draw on a canvas like :
https://github.com/mrdoob/three.js/blob/master/examples/webgl_materials.html#L162-L189
or maybe a little bit more in our geographic related environment :
https://github.com/Leaflet/Leaflet.VectorGrid

Best regards,