[iTowns-dev] Release: name and version?

Vincent Picavet (ml) vincent.ml at oslandia.com
Thu Jun 29 03:58:19 PDT 2017

Hi,

On 29/06/2017 12:14, Thomas Broyer wrote:
> FWIW, my vote would go to 1/ (particularly if we *also* rewrite the Git
> history)
> Rename itowns/itowns to itowns/itowns1 and itowns/itowns2 to
> itowns/itowns, add a note to the README that iTowns 1 can be found at
> itowns/itowns1, and release a v2 (if it makes no guarantee about API
> stability, then label it as alpha or beta, or release candidate
> depending on the [lack of] confidence in API [in]stability).
>
> Either that or finding a new name…

Agree with this. Renaming itowns to itowns1 or itowns-legacy seems best
to avoid confusion, and keep itowns name for current version.

As for the name change, it could be an option, but a lot of
communication has been made around itowns already, especially at IGN, so
I think it would be difficult.

Vincent