[iTowns-dev] Release: name and version?

Augustin Trancart augustin.trancart at oslandia.com
Thu Jun 29 06:40:46 PDT 2017

Augustin Trancart - Oslandia
augustin.trancart at oslandia.com

On 29/06/2017 15:31, Thomas Broyer wrote:

> <mailto:augustin.trancart at oslandia.com>>:
> I'd say the itowns→itowns-legacy (I'd rather go with itowns1 personally) should
> probably be done ASAP so everyone updates their Git remotes and other links.

Ok, as soon as we agree on the name. I prefer -legacy, as it expresses well that
it is obsolete). Also, if itowns2 is to be renamed itowns, it is odd that we
have an itowns1 alongside. It won't be obvious which one is the most recent at
first glance.

> Speaking of links, I suppose itowns.github.io <http://itowns.github.io> and
> itowns-sample-data (and then itowns2-sample-data) need to be updated, and
> possibly also renamed: itowns-sample-data→itowns1-sample-data,
> itowns2-sample-data→itowns-sample-data.

itowns.github.io should be revamped completely to target itowns2. No need to
keep a website for the old itowns imho. For sample-data, why not having the same
repo for both? I mean file format like gpx stays the same for us anyway... If a
gpx works for itowns1, it should work for itowns2 etc...