[iTowns-dev] Release: name and version?

Thomas Broyer t.broyer at atolcd.com
Thu Jun 29 06:31:11 PDT 2017

>:

> Ok, at the moment it seems there is a consensus for going with 1/.
>
> I propose to do the dull work of renaming repos on the 4th of July, if no
> objection until then (or everything including the release on the 5th).
>
> so itowns -> itowns-legacy (+ a link in the README)
>    itowns2 -> itowns

Link in the README of itowns "2" given that it will take the place of
itowns "1" (so previous links to itowns "1" would then reach the itowns "2"
repo).
I'd say the itowns→itowns-legacy (I'd rather go with itowns1 personally)
should probably be done ASAP so everyone updates their Git remotes and
other links.

Speaking of links, I suppose itowns.github.io and itowns-sample-data (and
then itowns2-sample-data) need to be updated, and possibly also renamed:
itowns-sample-data→itowns1-sample-data,
itowns2-sample-data→itowns-sample-data.

Cordialement,
--