[iTowns-user] How can I pull initial zoom level imagery from local files?

Adrien Berthet Adrien.Berthet at ign.fr
Mon Aug 12 01:12:03 PDT 2019

Hello Terek,

Indeed, a FileSource is not adapted here, as (if I understand correctly) you have multiple images per level. What you can do is using TMSSource (http://www.itowns-project.org/itowns/docs/#api/Source/TMSSource), that only need a classic web server, as files are typically organized in directory here, or even all files as the same level. Files are accessed with a simple fetch request, with to special parameters in the url beside x/y/z.

Note also that using FileSource for displaying an image is not working correctly at the moment, that's something we would like to spend some time on when we got some time.

Adrien